With the help of The Barnet Partnership for School Sport, All Saints’ School strives to ensure that our children are given every opportunity to experience a healthy and active life. We welcome Government funding for PE and Sport which supports our long standing commitment to physical education and sport. All children receive high quality physical education provided by a combination of class teachers and PE specialists.
School Games Gold
The School Games Mark is a Government led awards scheme launched in 2012 to reward schools for their commitment to the development of competition across their school and into the community. Following an application from us over the summer in 2019, we are pleased to announce that we have been awarded the School Games GOLD Mark, to go with our GOLD Marks since 2015. These awards reflect many things to do with our PE provision in school, including:
- The quantity of high-quality PE lessons our children receive each week;
- The amount of children participating in extra-curricular sporting activity each week;
- The support we provide for our talented young sports people and less active children;
- The number of competitive events we take part in each year.
By receiving a fifth Gold award, it really does put us among the top schools in the country for the opportunities we provide in PE. We are very proud of these awards and hope they can be used as a springboard to develop our PE teaching even more! For more details on the award, please click here.
The Sports Premium Grant
The Sports Premium Grant is money that is being provided by central government to improve the quality of Sport and PE in Primary Schools.
At our school the money is being used in the following ways:
- To develop a lunchtime physical activity offer for all age groups.
- To develop an after school club set up to address the health and fitness of pupils.
- To support the school’s increased engagement in inter-school competitive competitions.
- To support the school's development in intra-school competitions for hockey, netball, dodgeball and football.
- To continue to provide high quality all year round swimming tuition in Year Three and Year Four.
- To give staff an opportunity to work alongside PE specialists and develop their skills in teaching PE and Sport.
- To support the work of the school’s Sports Coordinator and the Learning Mentor.
Click here to read the Sports Premium Report 2019-20.