Remote Education Provision
Remote Learning Offer
On 18th August 2021, the Department for Education (DfE) issued the Coronavirus Act 2020 Provision of Remote Education (England) Temporary Continuity (No.2) Direction (‘the Direction’).
This renews the initial directive under the Coronavirus Act 2020 which stated that all state-funded school age children must be provided with “immediate access to remote education”. The DfE makes clear within both directives that “schools have a legal duty to provide remote education for state-funded, school-age children unable to attend school due to coronavirus (Covid-19)”.
The Direction issued in August 2021 is effective 'from the start of the 2021-22 school year until the earlier of the end of that school year or expiry, repeal or revocation of paragraph 1 of Part 1 of Schedule 17 to the Coronavirus Act 2020, or revocation of the Direction by further direction'.
In complying with the Direction, our main aim is to ensure that all remote teaching and learning is as effective as possible, whilst maintaining strong links between staff, pupils and their families.
Please click 0n the link below for our remote learning offer.
COVID-19 Premium Grant
The government announced £1 billion of funding to support children and young people to catch up lost time after school closure. This is especially important for the most vulnerable and disadvantaged backgrounds. This funding included the following:
- a one-off universal £650 million catch up premium for the 2020 to 2021 academic year to ensure that schools have the support they need to help all pupils make up for lost teaching time; and
- a £350 million National Tutoring Programme to provide additional, targeted support for those children and young people who need the most help, which includes the following:
- a schools programme for 5 to 16-year-olds – for more information, see the National Tutoring Programme FAQs;
- a 16 to 19 tuition fund; and
- an oral language intervention programme for reception-aged children.
School allocations are calculated on a per pupil basis.
All Saints' CE Primary school will receive £80 for each pupil in Year Reception to Year 6, inclusive. A total of £14,080